Our Under 12's sessions are designed to introduce younger children to the game, to give them a positive and fun experience and to coach them in the basic skills of basketball. Out aim is that, by the time they are ready to graduate to the older group at the age of 12, they will be competent in the basics and well on their way to becoming core members of the squad.
We run a Development team and a Stars Team within the U12 age group. If you'd like to get involved then we suggest you bring your child for some taster sessions in the Development Team. This will allow them to see how they enjoy it and also give the coaches a chance to assess which group they should be in.
Come and try it!
Costs are £20 a month but we offer three free sessions to those who would like to come and try it. After that we will ask you to either sign up using the link below or stop attending.
If your child becomes part of the Stars Team then the subs rise to £30 to cover the extra expenses of games and tournaments.
U12's Development Team - Sunday's 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- Our development team is for players either new to the game or moving up from the U10's and continuing to build their basic skills.
- Basketball fundamentals are taught and reinforced each week to build confidence and ability level at a pace to suit the mixed group
- The coaches monitor individual performance and will suggest player progression to the U12's Stars Team.
- Capacity: 20 players - mixed gender group.
U12's Stars Team - Sunday's 2:00 - 3.30pm
- The U12's Stars Team is the progression from the Development Team, having developed their basic skills and fundamentals.
- The training session is more intense, with a focus on fitness, game strategies and enhancing basic skills through more technical and complex drills.
- The coaching staff organise regular friendly games for the Stars Team, which will be selected based upon participation in the training and positive attitude.
- Capacity: 15 players - mixed gender group.